Back to School Tips, Ideas, and Freebies

This week my students are having fun learning at school with Pete the Cat.  We started our first day of school reading Pete the Cat:  Rocking in My School Shoes. After we read the book, we went on a school tour.  We followed the clues that Pete the Cat left us and went over a few rules along the way.  The first few weeks is all about rules and procedures.  

 I got the tour cards from Inspired by Kindergarten.   A few of my students were so serious and asked me if Pete the Cat is real?  I love moments like that!


When we returned to our classroom, Pete the Cat left us a little snack of goldfish crackers.  I was so busy preparing for school that I forgot to take pictures.

In math, we played Three in a Row.  It is a fun way for the students to get extra practice learning math facts.  I love the quiet dice!
Math games for second grade

I gave my students a spiral math review to see what math skills they remembered from first grade.  You can get a FREE copy by clicking the picture below.

Math Spiral review for second grade

Here are a few pictures from Open House.  The links are for the various resources are listed below.




I am always looking for new ideas on Pinterest.  Here are the links to the following resources that I give to my parents at Back to School Night.

Sign in sheet- from Smiling and Shining in Second Grade-FREE
Why Can't We Skip Reading Tonight?-FREE
Popcorn labels from Mrs. Beattie's Classroom-FREE
10 Free Learning Web for Kids from A Year of Many Firsts -FREE
Reading at Home by All Students Can Shine-FREE
My 2nd Grade Goals by Melissa Moran-Paid item

I am teaming up with my friends for an amazing giveaway.  I am keeping my finger crossed that you will win!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. LOVE,LOVE, LOVE these Pete the Cat activities and BTS freebies!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the Why Can't We Skip Reading Tonight (orange paper) resource from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the link to Why Can't We Skip Reading Tonight? https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Literacy-Handouts-for-Parents-1808988

    ReplyDelete