Celebrating President's Day in the Classroom

My students love learning about the presidents and American symbols.  Here is a drawing of George Washington.  I hate to admit it, but my students can draw better than me.

Here is a great video on George Washington from Scholastic.  Click here to watch it.

My student's love this video!   This one is a good one for a brain break.  My class loves to get up and dance to this one.  


My students loved hearing all the interesting facts of the various presidents in this video. 


As we learn about each American symbol or president, we put our papers into a folder.  They love adding papers to their folder.

I gave my students review sheets for homework this week.  It reviews many second grade skills such as counting money, telling time, addition and subtraction with regrouping, contractions, and plurals. Click on the picture of the second grade review for your FREE copy.

Free math for 2nd grade

Second grade spiral review

 Here are a few pictures from the So. Cal. Blogger Tea hosted by the lovely Katie Knight.  The food was amazing and it was great to meet so many wonderful bloggers.  

1 comment:

  1. Love your Presidents Day ideas. And the food table displays at the blogger tea were absolutely beautiful!