Directed Turkey Drawing

Yesterday I did a directed turkey drawing activity with my students.  Some students started to panic and said that they couldn't draw.  After some positive encouragement, we began to draw.

We first practiced drawing our turkey with a pencil.  After they felt comfortable drawing their turkey, I gave them a permanent marker so they could draw it again.  Then we used crayons to draw designs on our turkey. 

The last step was to paint the turkey using watercolors.

I love how they turned out.  The best part was the students were so quiet while doing this project and there were no spills!  It was the perfect way to end a Friday afternoon.


  1. These are precious! I don't know if we can squeeze this in this year, but I am definitely filing this away for next year!

  2. these are SOOOO cute!! great for our short week :)