Back to School

Last Monday was our first day back to school.  I have had 100 percent attendance all this week and my students are loving school.  On the first day back to school, I gave my students a little treat.  Many of them didn't eat breakfast and were very hungry.  




I read the Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn to my students.  It is about a little raccoon that doesn't want to go to school.  His mother tells him a little secret and kisses his palm.


My students wrote about how they felt on the first day of school and made Chester the raccoon.  They were so excited when I hang up their projects on the wall!




Click on the picture below for the writing paper.


At the end of the day, we went outside to blow bubbles.  It was a perfect way to end our day.  


What do you do on your first day of school?

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the adorable crafitivity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a template for your raccoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't find the craft in your store either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Do you have the raccoon template to share or purchase? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bubbling to meet you. Is that in your store? Thanks

    ReplyDelete