A Triple Scoop of Second

I am linking up with Brenda over at Primary Inspired for It's a Triple Scoop of 2nd Grade Linky Party.  We are showcasing two of our favorite products from our TPT store that we love using in our classroom and one favorite product from our fellow bloggers. 

My first scoop is my August Daily Practice.  I use it for morning work and it is aligned with the common core standards.  My students complete them first thing in the morning while I collect homework and take attendance and lunch count.  Sometimes for a change of pace, they will complete it for homework.  They are a great review to review skills needed for second grade.

Click on the picture below for your free sample of morning work for second grade.  You will have to click on the preview for your free math and language arts.  The August monthly packet reviews many first grade standards.  The monthly packets get  more difficult as the school year progresses.  I have discounted it 20% off for this weekend.

My second scoop goes to my Daily Math Warm Ups which is my number one seller.  I love this because it covers the necessary math skills for second grade.  It is a great spiral review for second grade.  My students are able to complete them independently and feel successful in math..  I like the format because it is simple and uses very little ink.  There is no prep--just print and go. 

Click on the picture and go to the preview for your free math sample pages for 2nd grade.  The first trimester has 2 versions.  One version has regrouping and the other version has no regrouping since we all teach these skills at different times.  It is all included in the packet for one price.  Leave a comment below with your email address and I will choose 3 lucky winners to receive my First Trimester Math Warm Ups.  I will choose the winners Sunday , August 10, 2014 before I go to bed.

The third scoop goes to Text Based Evidence Reading Passages by Miss DeCarbo.  I love her Text Based Evidence Reading Passages!  She has created 4 packets that I use with my class.

My students read the story and go back and highlight and look for evidence.  Theses passages allow them to practice this skill in a fun and engaging manner.  I like to project the stories on my Smart Board and we practice this skill together.    

What are your favorite things to use in your classroom?


  1. The math warm ups look wonderful. Great for morning work, or to get started for math!

  2. I would love to have your Math Warm Ups for my second graders. I like the variety of problems you have on each page.

  3. All of your products look wonderful! And I was actually looking for some meaningful morning work, so lucky to have stumbled on your blog! Would love to win akserena22@gmail.com

  4. I'd love to win morning work. One of my favorite things to use in the classroom is centers. My other favorite thing is task cards. :)

  5. Would love to win-- rcwgreen@gmail.com

  6. So excited that I came across your blog through the Triple Scoop of Second Grade link up. I love your blog and will definitely follow. Your products are wonderful and looking forward to purchasing a few! ;-) Thank you for all of your hard work and for sharing. I would love to win your morning work packet!
    Monika Wisor

  7. I have been moved to second grade and was so excited to see the triple scoop and get some new ideas and see new products. I would love to win the math warm-up as this is my struggle subject to teach at times, haha. Thanks again.