Desktop Organizer Tutorial

A few weeks ago I made this desktop organizer for my computer.  My son would always give me a difficult time when he would see my computer.  I would download things and just leave it on my desktop until I got a chance to look it over or print it for my classroom.  Needless to say, my computer desktop was a big mess!  I should have taken a snapshot of what it looked like before but I would have been too embarrassed.  Here is a picture of what it looks now.  The adorable clip art is from Melonheadz.


It is really easy too make if you are familiar with creating things in PowerPoint.

Step 1:  First you need to go to your control panel on your computer.  I know you are asking yourself why?  You need to know the dimensions of your computer display.  This is an important step or otherwise your desktop will be too small or distorted.

Step 2:  For my computer, I need to go to the Appearance and Personalization tab and go where it says adjust screen resolution.



Step 3:  This is where you will get the dimensions of your display.  It will probably be in pixels.



Step 4:  Convert the pixels into inches.  Here is a website that will do it for you.  All you need to do is insert the pixels and it will convert it to inches.  Go to unitconversion.org.



Step 5:  Open  a blank PowerPoint.  On the top you will need to go to the Design tab and to the right where it will say slide size.  Go to the bottom for custom size.  This is where you will put the numbers in from step 3.



Step 6:  Now you are ready to create your slide for your desktop.  When you are finished creating your slide, save it as a PowerPoint and save as a JPEG.  The JPEG picture is what you will need.  Go to your picture that your created, right click on the picture and set as background.  Now that I have the template made, I can easily change the colors and clip art whenever I want to change the background on my computer.  

I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics.  

                                    




3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I am going to try to work on this this week. It would make it look so much more organizer! Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial!

    Kerry
    FlipFloppingToSchool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I'm starting a new blog- please check it out: http://techtastic107.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea. Doing this right now! :)

    ReplyDelete