2nd Grade Product Swap & Blog Hop

Welcome to the second grade product swap and blog hop! EIGHTEEN wonderful second grade bloggers have joined together to swap and review each other's products.  Best of all, we are giving away all of the products to one lucky winner!  

If you are looking for the start of the hop, head over to see Casey at Second Grade Math Maniac to start hopping.  As you check out all the fabulous products, make sure to follow each blog on Bloglovin' as well.  There will be a Rafflecopter at the last stop.  This is where you can enter to win all of the products being reviewed!

I am so excited to be paired up with Brandi Miller from Success n Second Grade.  She has tons of great ideas on her blog!  The first product that I used with my students is the March Sentence Scramble.  It is a great literacy center for those students who need extra practice on writing complete sentences with correct end punctuation.  It is especially good for my students since I have many EL students that struggle with writing complete sentences.   The students unscramble the sentence and use the recording sheets provided in the packet. The packet contains 4 sentences that have a St. Patrick's Day theme and 4 sentences that have a reading theme.  Click on the picture below and it will take you to Brandi's TPT store.

 Here is a picture of laminating the March sentences.

I quick snapped some pictures of some sentences that the students completed.  I love how the student in the bottom picture added his own words. 

The next product I had my students use for a center is Crazy for Capitalization. 


Students write the word that should be capitalized or you can choose the recording sheet where they write the word as well as why it needs to be capitalized. This is a great center for differentiating with your students.  Our district is big on differentiating.   It also has an answer key included so after you laminate and cut the center, you are all ready!  It would make a great addition to any classroom for a center on capitalization.

Click the button below to head over to....

I have a counting money FREEBIE for my Facebook fans.  Click the picture below to grab your freebie on counting money for second grade.   It has money word problems that are aligned with the Common Core Math Standard 2.MD.8--solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies. 




  1. These look great! I love the pictures and the recording sheet :)

  2. This looks great. My ELL always struggle with this as well. Thanks for sharing.

    Mrs, Rios Teaches Second Grade

  3. Hi Shelly,

    Thanks for participating. My students could use the practice these stations provide as well. It's amazing how it can take all year to master the concepts we have taught since day one!

    Literacy Spark

  4. Hi Shelly. Nice review...I think my 2nd graders could always use the extra practice with writing complete sentences! BTW-I love your blog...it is filled with such great ideas and resources!!!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

  5. I have a few kids who are STILL struggling with writing a complete sentence... This looks perfect!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

  6. Thanks for the great Money Story Problem freebie! My class will enjoy it when we get back from spring break this week! I am your newest FB "like" and follower!