Writing in Second Grade

This is the beginning of my second week of school.  My students struggle with writing a story so I am starting them with the basics.  I like to teach them how to stretch a sentence by making a super sentence.  Our first super sentence we wrote was about a clown.  Once I get the template made, I can easily change the picture for a new writing paper.  Click on the picture of the  clown super sentence for your free copy.

Here is a book from Evan-Moor that gives you step by step guided practice on writing a super sentence.
I also made this adorable Writer's Eye bulletin board.  It is free from Cara Carroll from The First Grade Parade.
Now I off to make some math worksheets for my students and to print the wonderful things I purchased from the TPT Sale.
Freebie Fridays


  1. I love your writer's eye bulletin board. Who makes that cute kid clip art with the big glasses? I love it!! I have seen on tons of projects. They really are cute characters.


  2. The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.