Second Grade Common Core Math Standards

This summer I have been studying the Second Grade Common Core Math Standards.  I found some great resources on the internet that I wanted to share with you.  The first one is from North Carolina Public Schools.  It has the math standards unpacked.  I am sure your district also has them, but here is a great reference if you misplaced your copy.  I always like a copy on my computer because it is so much easier to find.  I like the word problems below because it gives you examples for kindergarten, first grade, and second grade.
Click on the picture of the addition and subtraction word problems for your copy.

Here is another great resource that I found on Pinterest.  Click on the picture of Math Story Problem Types for a copy.

Do you have any great resources that you would like to share?

4 comments:

  1. K-5 Math Teaching Resources has FREE resources that are aligned with the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics. I use their math games and hands-on math activities in my classroom. Please check it out!!!

    http://www.k-5mathteachingresources.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yashika! I just checked out the website and it looks great! Can't wait to use some of the activities. Thanks for the great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great resources! Thanks so much for sharing.
    I'm starting a resource blog for Second Grade Teachers that will have links to Math related ideas and activities for the Common Core. It also houses our district's pacing guide with some ideas for tools to use in math as well as Math Task ideas and links for resources. I would love to hear what people think....it's in the skeletal stages at this time, but any thoughts or suggestions for adding things to the different pages would be welcomed! You can find the blog at:
    http://secondgradeccssmresources.blogspot.com/
    Enjoy your day!
    Mrs. Samuelson's Swamp Frogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Math Story Problem Types poster is one of those resources that I didn't realize I needed before I saw it here on your site. It can be used in several ways: as a coaching tool for parents, to guide students in writing their own word problems and as a quick check in creating word problems of my own! Love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete