Common Core Math Standards Checklist

I am have been busy creating things for my classroom.  I just finished typing up a Second Grade Common Core Math Standards Checklist.  Our district is implementing Common Core for math this year and English Language Arts next year.  We use Envision Math which is not aligned with the Common Core Math Standards so I guess that means I will be creating many new things and buying things from TPT.  What math series does your district use?  Is it aligned with the Common Core Standards?  What resources do you use to supplement your math?  I would love to hear from you.


Click on the picture below for your free copy of 2nd Grade Common Core Math Standards Checklist.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SPeY_PyGOoVEt2eDdaMmhTSU0/edit?usp=sharing 

This afternoon I did a little school shopping.  I stocked up on pencils, glue sticks, etc. for my classroom.  I found these adorable Dr. Seuss pencils, erasers, and bookmarks from Target.



What fun purchases have you made for classroom?  I would love to hear your comments!

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! I have done so much school shopping it is not even funny.
    Folders, markers, pencil pouches, laminating sheets. Target must know me by name :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your checklist ( I am piloting Envisions this year) and I saw that Dr Suess stuff and hope its still there when I go back. Great for treasure chest or Dr Suess bday and read across america

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I haven't done a lot of shopping this year. I have stockpiles from previous years. Today I bought index cards and erasers. I plan on making another trip to Walgreens tomorrow to buy 8 more packs at 25 cents a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My district also uses EnVision! Did you have the common core training from them last year? They specifically sent over a representative to lead a training and show us the additions to make it align with the Common Core. I'll have to admit. It wasn't really much. There's like some additional pages that you can access online that supposedly include the Common Core aspects. Meh.

    Oh wellz, guess that means I will be looking out for your created products to use in math! :D

    Pam
    Diary of a Second Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already picked up a ton of Dr. Seuss stuff from target. I love when they put those items out! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the Math Standards freebie. We have Common Core, a new reading series, an updated math series (neither of which we have seen yet) and a new principal! I am trying not to stress...just breather, but having this in the front of my plan book should really help. TAHNK YOU!
    Debbie
    debjac9@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this wonderful resource! My district has just purchased the Math Expressions Curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the Math checklist. We too use EnVision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use Envision in my district as well. They've recently come out with a version that is Common Core aligned but we're not lucky enough to have that one. Our math curriculum is up for adoption this year though so it will be interesting to see which program we decide to go with in the future. Thank you for the checklist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went and purchased my Dr. Suess items..I just hope I don't forget I have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the checklist!!! I think the heading in the purple is not reflecting what you likely intended it to say. It says exactly what one of the green one says and does reflect what is listed under it. Just thought you might like a "heads up" so you can fix it before you get too far along in using it and sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the checklist!!!

    ReplyDelete