July Currently

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for  her July Currently.

Listening:  I am listening to the hum of the air conditioner.  I know it is summer but we are having a heat wave.  Yesterday I ran errands and the heat really got to me.  When I got home, I had to take a nap. 
Loving:  I am loving staying up late and not having to get up at five o'clock.  I have a 50 minute drive to school and many weeks I have morning duty which means I have to be on the playground by 7:15.  Needless to say, I am enjoying being on my own schedule.
Thinking:  I can't wait to go to New York City and tour the city.  This will be the third time I have been there.  I love going to Broadway Plays and seeing all the sights of the big city.  Then we are off to visit friends in the Hamptons.  I have never been to the East Coast so I am looking forward to all of the new sights.
Wanting:  I love doing things at my own pace.  When I am teaching, I am always on the go.  It is nice to slow down and enjoy life.
Needing:  I need to get my sleep pattern back on schedule.  I have been staying up until 4:00 and getting up at 11:00.  Before I know it, I will be having to get up at 5:00. 
Tips, Tricks, or Hints:  As teachers and parents we are always on the go.  We need to slow down and enjoy life.  We need to remember to do things for ourselves.
Hope you are staying cool and having a wonderful summer!


  1. How fun! I want to go to New York. I've never been, but I'd love to see some shows on Broadway! You stay up until 4?!?! Ohmyword!!! There is no way! I turn into a pumpkin around 10. :) Enjoy your vacation!!!

    One Berry Blog

  2. New York City sounds like fun! And the Hamptons is a dream of mine. After reading all of the books about the Hamptons, I would love to see them. Enjoy!

    Reading Toward the Stars

  3. I am the teacher librarian at my school. Second grade is one of my favorites. Old enough to do more but young enough that ALL the test pressure isn't there and we can still do some fun with our educational.

    Totally on the sleep schedule thing. Not quite as late on either end as you but those early mornings (after a long drive) are going to come so quickly!

    I've never been to NYC. Other than an hour at JFK which I'm sure doesn't count. ;) Have so much fun!