How to Catch a Leprechaun

Every day this week the leprechaun has visited our classroom.  It started last week when he dumped crayons all over the room and left his hat behind.  We hid his hat in the cabinet so he would return to our classroom looking for it.  Every day he does something to our room such as tip over chairs, write on the white board, spill glitter all over the tables, and leave green footprints all over the sink and table. I had my students write and tell me what they would do if they found a pot of gold. 



Click on the pot of gold writing paper for your free copy.
I also had the students give directions on how to catch a leprechaun.  Leprechaun pattern is from Christie over at First Grade Fever.
 
 
 
 Today we set our trap for the leprechaun. 
 
I am off to fill the candy kettles for my students.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love that pot of gold writing prompt and art work. It's darling.

    Just found your blog. I am happy to say I am your newest follower. Feel free to stop by my place anytime.

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! CA Bloggers! Stop by and say HI! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found another second grade So. Cal blogger!!! Your leprechaun activities are super cute! I am excited to be your newest follower. I look forward to reading about more of your classroom ideas.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete