Silent e

This week we are reviewing silent e.  Some of my students are struggling with this concept so I introduced them to the Bossy E Song from Sounds Fun Phonics by Heidi Butkus.  These songs are great for teaching your students basic spelling patterns!!  My students love all of the songs on this DVD!!!

I also found a great powerpoint to go with silent e.  This powerpoint calls the silent e the sneaky e.

Here is a great video from YouTube called Super E.

The Electric Company has a video called Silent E.

Here are some long vowel games to reinforce the spelling patterns of the long vowels. 

Here are some  free worksheets for long and short vowels.  Just click on the picture to download.

Do you have a great way to teach the silent e?


  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  2. I love your blog. Keep it up.Visit my site too.

  3. Thank you so much for the shout out! I appreciate it! :)
    Heidi Butkus