Must Have Picture Books Linky Party

Must Have Picture Books Linky Party


I love picture books!!  So, I am linking up with The Teacher Wife, to share some of my favorites. Click her button below to read other bloggers' top five or to join the party!


The Teacher Wife


1.  Big Al
 

Big Al is a big scary fish that wants to make friends.  He tries many things to make friends, but he is unsuccessful.  The other fish are afraid of him because he is big and scary-looking.  At the end of the story, Big Al makes friends by rescuing the fish. They realize what a nice fish he really is.

2.  The Kissing Hand




School is starting  but Chester Raccoon does not want to go. His mother shares a family secret called the Kissing Hand to give him the reassurance of her love any time he feels scared.

3.  Santa's Book of Names
                             
Edwards has difficulty reading.  On Christmas Eve, Santa accidentally drops the all- important book listing the gifts children will receive.  Edward returns it to Santa and gets invited to join Santa.    Since Edward can't read, he just holds the book and turns pages.   Santa loses his glasses, so Edward has to help Santa by reading the list.  At the end, Edward can read!


4.  Charlie Anderson




This a great story for children of divorced parents.  Charlie is a cat with two homes. He lives in one home during the day and a different home at night.  The two sisters discover his other home one day when Charlie doesn't make it home.

5. The Real Tooth Fairy




Elise loses her first tooth and is determined to meet the tooth fairy.  She discovers her mother is the tooth fairy!  Later, her mother tells  her that the tooth fairy is someone you trust and know like your teacher, neighbor, or friend.

14 comments:

  1. Big Al and Santa's Book of Names are on my favorite's list too!

    I am happy to be your first follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Big Al! I will have to check out the Santa book. I am now a new follower! Found you on the linky.

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting the Charlie Anderson book... It looks adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to have Charlie Anderson in our reading series. I love that book. I think it's a good book to refer to about divorces and how sometimes we have to visit two families. But both families love us. Great pick!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm visiting through the Linky Party. Don't you just love picture books?!!? "The Kissing Hand" made my top 5 too. I'm adding Santa's Book of Names to my wish list! Come by when you get a chance. I'm your newest follower.

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love smiling and shining in second grade! I have given you a blogging award! Come by and pick her up: 2ndgradesunshine.blogspot.com
    Eileen
    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun list! I am now your 7th follower :) (my lucky number!)
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a new follower, too. Crazy about great picture books. Love the book about Charlie Anderson. Another great Santa book is "Dear Santa." A young girl from Australia becomes a monthly pen pal with Santa after she writes him a thank you note. So fun for letter formatting and more.

    Kinderaffe2ndgraders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog!! I can't wait to look around :)

    Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm your 12th follower. Welcome to blogland!!

    susieqsclass@gmail.com
    http://learningwithsusieq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO many people have mentioned "Big Al!" I really need to get a copy of it!

    Make sure to stop by and enter my giveaway
    -Courtney
    2ndgradesnapshots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love "Charlie Anderson." I often read it with "For the Love of Autumn." They have very similar plots. Its a good way to teach text to text connections.
    Thanks for sharing your list.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad I found you through this linky! It has been so wonderful to find lots of new picture books! Thanks for sharing. Must check out Big Al!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete